BEGIN A Day in the Life... | Corina's Corner

A Day in the Life...


Every 6 months or so I like to try to capture our daily routine, and since our last one was in September it was time to lug that camera around all day and try to snap some pictures of our day. Here is what our March 30th, looked like:

Here I am in all of my bedhead glory. Our day started a little later than usual, because Reagan slept in until about 8:45. I love when she sleeps in!

For breakfast we had eggs and toast, scrambled for Reagan and over-easy for me. Reagan also had a little bit of honey on her toast.

She is always so good about remembering to say our prayers on the food.

After breakfast Reagan watched some Daniel Tiger, while I did the dishes and then hopped on the computer for a minute.

When I noticed that Reagan was looking a little tired, I jumped on the opportunity to lay her down for a little morning nap/rest.

She usually doesn't take a morning "nap," but she always takes a morning rest, where she lays quietly in her bed.

Her morning quiet time/rest, is just long enough for me to read my scriptures....

...and take a bath.

Once I'm out of the bath, Reagan is usually ready to get up too, so we'll both get dressed.

Just for fun here's a picture of my large 33 weeks pregnant belly...

Then it's time to do Reagan's hair, which we do while she brushes her teeth (which allows me to actually do her hair, while she's moderately distracted).

Then I needed to do my hair. Reagan usually goes through every cabinet in the bathroom while I'm blow drying my hair, pulling out every bottle of lotion or hair spray she can find.

I try to finish as quickly as possible, because the faster I am the smaller the mess Reagan makes. (P.S. taking a picture while blow drying hair is hard)

Not pictured: Reagan's melt down when I tried to put on her socks. She had to spend a few minutes in time out. While she was cooling down, I put on my make up.

Today we were going to meet Jordan for lunch (all of the days I have done our A Day in the Life posts we have met Jordan for lunch, which we like to try to do once a week).

Today we met Jordan at Freebirds, because he had a free burrito for his half birthday. Reagan had a quesadilla and some apple juice. It was tasty.

After we finished, we still had a little time so we went next door for some frozen yogurt, where we had a buy one get one coupon. Mine, pictured on the left, was probably the yummiest concoction of frozen yogurt I've ever had (cake batter, fruit punch, and pineapple yogurt, with m&m's, cookie dough, Reese's bites, peanuts, gummy bears, and pineapple. Yum!)

Reagan fell asleep in the car while we were driving home. I carefully tried to transfer her to her bed once we got home. While she napped I put my feet up for a little while. By the way, I hate when she falls asleep in the car. When she falls asleep in the car, she never takes her real nap. It's always about an hour and a half shorter than usual.

When she woke up I decided to bag up some cookies I had made the night before, so we could take them to a few neighbors/friends.

Reagan helped me by eating as many cookies as she could get her hands on.

When I finished, we ran a few errands, one being a quick trip to DI to get rid of some junk.

After we got home Reagan played outside for a little while. She ran around....

...played with chalk....

...and her ball.

Not pictured: My visiting teachers came over for a quick visit, which I love. Reagan loves it too. She made them read her lots of books.

Reagan is usually standing here at the front window from about 5:00-5:30, waiting for Jordan to get home, one of her (and mine) favorite times of day. She gets so excited when she sees his car.

When Jordan got home he wanted to work on the yard for a little bit. Reagan helped. I stayed inside and avoided the sun.

Then we ran to Lowe's really quick to buy some tack cloth.

When we got home we made dinner. Tonight we had chicken pita sandwiches, with tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, avocado, and J Dawgs sauce, with carrots, grapes, and french fries (the fries weren't done cooking when I took this picture). Reagan had some grapes, pretended to eat some carrots, and some left over lo mein.

After dinner, we facetimed with my family for a minute...

...and then had a mini Family Home Evening (consisting of some songs and roll the ball) before we put Reagan to bed.

Once Reagan was in bed Jordan and I started our real FHE tonight which was going over our budget. (We usually do this on the first Monday of every month, but sometimes if there's a 5th Monday we'll do it then instead of waiting until the next week)

Budget always take a million hours. I'm really glad we do it, but it always takes forever. We finished at about 11, and then finally headed to bed.

And that was our day. Whew! Glad we made it to the end. Writing about my day has made me just as tired as living it, and now I want to go take a nap.

(Past Day in the Life posts: Reagan 15 months, Reagan 7 months, Reagan 6 weeks)


  1. Reagan is adorable! I love her little pony tail! :) And those cookies are so cute!!!

  2. Cutest cookies! I was just telling Emma how you take a lot of baths because we were talking about how we like baths but never actually take time to take them, so funny! And I'm really impressed that Reagan takes a "morning rest" that's so nice!

  3. Oh my, what a busy day. Things are about to change! I enjoyed seeing all of it. Thanks for posting.


Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top